Best way to choose dab rigs
Choosing the right dab rig can be overwhelming, especially if you’re new to dabbing. Here are some tips to help you choose the best dab rig for your needs:
- Consider the size and design: Dab Rigs come in a variety of sizes and designs, so it’s important to consider your preferences and needs. Some people prefer smaller rigs for more portability and easier handling, while others prefer larger rigs for more filtration and smoother hits. You should also consider the design of the rig, such as the shape, color, and material.
- Look for quality materials: Dab rigs are made from different materials, such as glass, silicone, and quartz. Glass is a popular choice because it is durable, easy to clean, and provides a clear view of the vapor. Quartz is also a popular choice for the nail, as it can handle high temperatures and provides clean, flavorful hits. Silicone rigs are a good option for those who want a more durable and portable option.
- Consider the percolation: Percolation refers to the process of filtering the vapor through water or other materials to provide a smoother hit. The more percolation, the smoother the hit will be. Look for a rig with percolators, such as a honeycomb, tree, or showerhead perc, to ensure a smoother hit.
- Check the airflow: The airflow of the dab rig is important to consider as it can affect the overall experience. Look for a rig with a wide and open airflow to ensure smooth hits and easy inhales.
- Consider your budget: Dab rigs can range in price from very affordable to very expensive. Consider your budget and choose a rig that fits your needs and preferences within your budget.
Lastly, you can choose a dab rig that meets your needs and provides a great dabbing experience by considering these factors.
Difference between glass silicon and quarts dab rigs:
The main difference between glass, silicone, and quartz dab rigs lies in their material properties and characteristics, which can affect their durability, functionality, and aesthetics.
- Glass: Glass is a popular material for dab rigs because it is durable, easy to clean, and provides a clear view of the vapor. Glass is also versatile in terms of design, with various shapes, colors, and patterns available. Glass dab rigs typically have a smooth surface that doesn’t affect the flavor of the concentrate. However, glass can be fragile and prone to breakage if dropped or mishandled.
- Silicone: Silicone is a newer material used for dab rigs, and it’s popular for its durability and portability. Silicone dab rigs are flexible and can be easily folded or packed for travel. They are also relatively inexpensive compared to glass and quartz. However, silicone rigs can retain odors and flavors from previous use, and the surface can be sticky or tacky, affecting the overall experience.
- Quartz: Quartz is a high-quality material used for dab rigs, particularly for the nail. Quartz nails can withstand high temperatures and provide clean, flavorful hits. Quartz also has a smooth surface that doesn’t affect the flavor of the concentrate. However, quartz is relatively expensive compared to glass and silicone, and it can be brittle and prone to cracking if exposed to rapid temperature changes.
Overall, the choice between glass, silicone, and quartz dab rigs depends on your preferences and needs. Glass is popular for its aesthetic appeal and clear view of the vapor, while silicone is popular for its durability and portability. Nonetheless, quartz is popular for its high-quality material and clean, flavorful hits